Chiropractic Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation is a unique service that Bergamo Chiropractic and Nutrition Centre offers. It is designed to provide a strengthening and stabilisation of the neuromusculoskeletal system. Rehabilitation usually follows a predictable timeline with a specific exercise program, prescribed from our in-house Chiropractic software program, that we use to progress you towards your health goals.
It is most commonly offered in the following scenarios:
1) At the end of four week General Chiropractic Review, where a stabilisation program will help consolidate the spinal alignment process. This is the optimal way to enhance your neuromusculoskeletal system when an initial phase of management has often involved a combination of General Chiropractic and often co-mamagement with Myotherapy and/or Massage therapy.
2) Pre Surgical, Post surgical or Failed surgical cases. A patient requiring the medical procedure of surgery require a stabilisation phase with Chiropractic Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation.
3) A patient who prefers a more active phase of care (instead of in-house treatment) which may be due to travel reasons where a patient cannot regularly come to the clinic or financial issues.
What are the health benefits of Chiropractic Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation?
These are some of the health benefits of Chiropractic Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation service:
- Improve function
- Decrease pain
- Muscle balance and co-ordination
- Increased strength
- Increased mobility and flexibility
- Regain and maintain optimal spinal posture
- Shorter healing and quicker recovery time
- Decrease likelihood of re-injury
- Pre, Post and Failed surgery
What are the common conditions that are treated?
These are some of the conditions treated in our Chiropractic Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation service:
- Postural strains (e.g neck pain from leaning forward at your computer desk for prolonged periods)
- Pre/Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Lumbar or Thoracic spine with or without radiating symptoms
- Neck pain with or without radiating symptoms and loss of motion
- Shoulder joint problems such as impingement, labral tear, or instability
- Thoracic outlet syndrome or nerve entrapments in the arm
- Hip or groin pain and stiffness which may be associated with a labral tear, impingement, snapping hip or arthritis
- Knee conditions such as patellofemoral pain, ligamentous or meniscal injuries, or arthritis
- Foot and ankle conditions
- Soft tissue injuries or conditions such as rotator cuff tears or tendonopathy, tennis elbow, hamstring strains, ilio-tibial band pain, posterior tibialis tendinitis, plantar fasciitis
- Chronic elbow or hand conditions
How long is a consultation?
Initial consultation is 30 minutes, which includes history taking, a full thorough assessment and treatment, if applicable.
Follow up visits take up to 30 minutes where treatment is provided and take home advice, with an exercise prescription is emailed or taken home with you.
What is involved in a consultation?
Our Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Chiropractor will include assessment of the patient's alignment and movement patterns in a variety of positions and during functional activities. Contributing factors to your problem will be identified through the evaluation of muscle length, extensibility, range of motion, strength, sensory function. This is correlated with workplace and common postures adopted at home. Regions above and below the area of chief complaint are included in the assessment in order to determine their possible contribution to the problem.
iPads technology is used to obtain a video recording of specific movement patterns to identify areas that may be exacerbating your condition. We will discuss these areas with you and teach you how to correct your movements. You can compare your movement patterns in slow motion before and after your rehabilitation program to see how far you have come!
How long do I need treatment?
Your treatment will be based on your diagnosis and goals. This will vary for each person. A major component of treatment is education to correct faulty movement and postural patterns associated with functional activities such as sitting, standing, walking, sleeping, work or fitness activities. In addition, an individualized chiropractic musculoskeletal program will be prescribed to address the contributing factors and promote precision of motion.
Will health insurance cover me?
Yes, most private health insurances cover Chiropractic Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
The centre houses the on-the-spot Hicaps facility for fast processing of your private health insurance claims, as patients simply pay the gap on the consultation.
The rebate varies with different funds and the level of your extras cover. We recommend you speak to your health insurance provider if you want to determine your actual gap payment.